Restore internet connection on Windows computers
- You lost internet connection due to malware
- You have no internet connection for another reason
If you cannot access the internet or receive the message "Internet Explorer could not display the page", it may be due to changes to your web browser's connection settings. Follow the steps below to restore your internet connection in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon → Internet options.
- Click the Connections tab → LAN Settings.
- Deselect the check box next to Use a Proxy server for your LAN. Click OK twice to save your changes and close the window.
If your internet connection is restored, click here for instructions to clean your computer of infections.
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please email ESET Technical Support.